Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ministering To Each Other

On Sunday night I led a group of youth from around the Division in a unique worship style.

Instead of having one person choose the songs and format of the evening, and instead of having one person speak on the selected Bible passage and theme, we all shared in guiding worship and exploring what the Bible passage and theme meant.

I have labelled this format Un-Church, after the un-conference idea. It was great to see the youth of the division participating and sharing in worship and exploring the passage (1 Tim 4: 12 - 15). An interesting addition to the evening was my being pelted with plastic coins every time I said the words Make Change, and the loud, sometimes forced laughter after every mention of the words New Zealand, organised by one group and joined in by everyone else.

I truly think that it is amazing what young people are capable of when we allow them to teach us something. I know that I personally gained fresh insights into the verses of scripture that were shared on Sunday night, and it is my hope that others did too.

God is at work within each of us, some of us recognise it and allow Him to work, others recognise it and try to stop His work, and perhaps others are unaware of it and miss the opportunity before them. How different would the world be if we all recognised the Holy Spirit at work within us and allowed it to work???

Joel

No comments: