Monday, December 31, 2007

When Coffee Happens



I had a significant coffee incident the other Saturday night. I was on my way to Launceston taking Jackson home after a youth meeting. We decided to stop off in Campbell town for a coffee as I had to drive home back to Hobart after dropping him off. So we ordered our drinks, took them back to car and started down the road. I went to take my first sip when the lid pops off and the cup crushes in my hand. the coffee went all down the front of me. I find it funny in life how one person can find something so crappy and frustrating yet that same thing for some else is hilarious. Jackson was laughing so hard he also most wet himself. I had to stop the car pull over and wring out my clothes. Fortunately Jackson had his school sports shorts in the car, (these felt 3 size's too small) and a bonds t shirt that had shrunk in the drier. So with my stomach hanging out in all it's glory I continued the trip to launceston. (With much laughter continuing from the passenger seat).

I dropped Jackson at his house and just as he got to the front door yelled back to me. Oh by the I had several other things you could have worn but I thought these would be funniest. So looking like someone about to hop into a Mardi gras parade I drove the 2 hours home.

So some 2 Sermon illustrations, many mocking TXT messages from youth, and story about this on a my space later. I have dealt with it.

I discovered that during this whole time my character was looked at. Jackson was impressed I didn't swear. People were impressed I didn't get angry. Others are impressed with how well I've taken the coffee gags and comments.

We're always watched as youth leaders!

I'm just glad I passed this test.

Simon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that will teach you to drink and drivelol