Thursday, January 24, 2008

Out of the Limelight

I will just introduce my self before I get started, my name is Phil and I have just joined the "team".

One of my first jobs was to attend a conference (not bad for a guy that just started). While on this conference God taught me something totally unexpected, Being Humble (considering it was about sports ministry this came as a surprise)

However this is an important lesson because Jesus gave us the example when he washed the disciples feet. The world that we live in also goes very much against this. I know that I'm guilt of not being humble enough - I'm always looking for this whizz bang new ministry and here is God telling me humble yourself before me.

This is an important lesson we can all learn form, Philippians 2:3 says this, "Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves" (NLT)

Remember that as you journey with God to humble yourself before God and He will bless you

Phil

1 comment:

Captain Collo said...

Great to have you on board Phil, I too have problems with taking the humble approach somehow God has to keep reminding me too, maybe I will learn eventually.