Monday, November 19, 2007

A Simon Thought...

Wow what a horrible week was last week.

I had to deal with a family who's son was accused of raping his girl friend. The bottom line is she is 14 he is 15 and they organised to do the deed after school when her mum was out, he'd made his excuse not to go home straight after school. After they had finished he left to catch the next bus home. She goes out and is walking the street crying. It turns out she was sexually abused at age 8 by her dad and had never talked about it. Her mums current boy friend has been hitting her for the past few years. All this came to the surface in her life after this latest sexual experience.

I don't know about where you are, but here in Tassie this is not an uncommon story. I know that there is a lot of talk these days about does the Bible really say don't have sex before marriage. Is it alright to do so if both parties are in love after all God is love so it has to come from him.

But in my 38 years I have had a lot of friends make some bad sexual choices and I've had some make some good ones. All my friends who kept themselves from the sexual stuff untill marriage are still all together. Some had to really work out some deep life issues still, but being pure in this area helped them. Others just dived in with their partners and they seem to be carrying more bagage than the first.

So my prayer for our youth is that they do the God thing. That their soul journy is so deep that they know what is good, beneficial and right for them and others.
I hope none of our youth have to go through what these two young people did.

Blessings.

Simon

No comments: